MS/HS SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL PARAPROFESSIONAL IN GENERAL EDUCATION CLASSROOM JobID: 2677
STARTING DATE: 2022-2023 School year
Purpose of Position:
To assist and support students with academic and social supports and assist in classroom related activities and services
Goal of Position:
To provide supportive assistance to our students by taking an active part in the educational, social, physical, medical, emotional and self-care needs of an individual or group of students in the general education classroom.
- High school graduate or equivalent, with a minimum of two years of such appropriate experience as allowed under school code and/or completion of advanced training in a community college or degree granting institution whose special education instructional aide training program has been approved by the Ml Department of Education.
- Possess emotional stability, physical stamina and strength necessary to complete duties, and have an understanding and interest in the needs of special education students.
- Physically able to perform the duties of this position including running/walking, bending, lifting, twisting, and responding to the physical needs of the student.
- Excellent organizational skills. Valid Michigan driver's license
- Ability to lift and carry instructional materials up to 50 pounds
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Adheres to required confidentiality practices
- Professional tact, diplomacy and presentation with administrators, staff, teachers, students, parents, and the community.
- Experience working with school personnel, parents, and/or students preferred.
- Must have regular and reliable attendance.
- Have the ability to model appropriate prosocial behavior, implement behavior plans with fidelity, and display a calm demeanor when managing student behavior.
- Assist the classroom teacher in the planning and implementation of student programs that have been initiated by the teacher.
- Assist in the preparation and organization of instructional materials needed to implement student program.
- Carry out student objectives and/or programs established by the instructor on a daily basis.
- Assist in documentation of student's progress as needed and directed by instructor.
- Attend pertinent staff meetings, IEPs, and other in-service training sessions at the request of the supervisor
- Cooperate with and assist other educational support staff in the cognitive, behavioral, and motor programming for students.
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of student activities outside the classroom and in the community at the request and direction of instructor and/or supervisor.
- Perform and share responsibility in classroom duties, which may include but are not limited to, classroom preparation and clean up, monitoring of equipment and supplies.
- Must be able to physically assist students with adaptive equipment
- Must be able to physically and visually monitor students in all educational settings including student transportation systems, and outdoor environments
- Must be able to effectively communicate with staff and students as needed for completion of duties, attend meetings outside of normal working hours
- Remain free of substance abuse and/or illegal drug use at all times while an employee of the Rudyard Area Schools
This position is through EDUStaff
DEADLINE: July 27, 2022 or Until filled.
11185 W. 2nd Street
Rudyard, MI 49780
It is the policy of Rudyard Area Schools that no person shall on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, height, weight, age or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in employment or any of its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Deb Edington, Rudyard Area Schools, 11185 W. 2nd Street, Rudyard, MI 49780 (906/478-3771).