K- 12 Band/Music Teacher
Job ID: 2662 Apply Online
Date Posted: 6/20/2022
POSITION: Rudyard Area Schools is seeking highly qualified candidates for a K-12 Music/Band Instructor position. The Music/Band Instructor is a member of the professional staff who instructs K-12th students in the area of music education. As a member of the professional staff, the Music/Band Instructor has responsibilities in the areas of instruction, curriculum development, classroom management and student, parent, community, and staff relations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED OR PREFERRED
• Valid Michigan teaching certificate with a K-12 music endorsement (JX)
• Preferred minimum of two (2) years successful experience teaching general music along with band - potential to teach Chorus.
• Skills in recruiting, maintaining enrollment and good relationships with colleagues and membership in professional music associations
• Interested candidates should possess:
• Outstanding musicianship; Strong individual instrument pedagogical skills; Effective podium/rehearsal skills
• Enthusiasm and passion to interpret and teach the art of music • Maintaining professional ethics and responsibilities including participation in the total school program, participation in curriculum development and building committees and providing a positive role model for students
• Commitment to the district’s school improvement process, school-based governance system and curriculum development efforts
For more information, please contact Chad Folkersma at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 906-478 3771 Ext. 2103
STARTING DATE: August 30, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
WAGES: per the Rudyard Federation of Teachers contract Rudyard Area Schools uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online at https://www.applitrack.com/eup...
It is the policy of Rudyard Area Schools that no person shall on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, height, weight, age or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in employment or any of its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Deb Edington, Rudyard Area Schools, 11185 W. 2nd St., Rudyard, MI 49780 (906-478-3771)