Bus Mechanic, Drivers
Rudyard Area Schools is searching for a bus mechanic to maintain vehicles and equipment, ensuring the safety and availability of busses on the road for transporting students.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Four or more years of experience with heavy-duty truck and or bus service and repair
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Knowledge and experience of automotive equipment
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance procedures
- Ability to help troubleshoot equipment problems
- Ability to operate various tools and equipment as required
- Ability to lift heavy objects
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses potential vehicle and equipment malfunctions for the purpose of determining needed repairs and/or replacements
- Executes preventive maintenance programs for the purpose of maintaining vehicles and equipment in safe operating condition
- Maintains tools, equipment and shop area for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required tools and equipment within a safe work area
- Prepares documentation (e.g. repairs, maintenance records, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or information to comply with regulating guidelines
- Repairs vehicle and equipment systems/components, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of vehicles and equipment in safe operating condition
Reports to Superintendent
Deadline: Until filled
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 906-478-3771 Ext. 6100
Substitute Bus Drivers
The application process for substitute bus drivers is through the EUPISD. As per the School Safety Legislation, all EUPISD Special Education substitute bus drivers require a criminal record check by the Michigan State Police (MSP) and a criminal record check through the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). You MUST be fingerprinted or have fingerprints on file with the EUPISD prior to employment.
- Identigo website for scheduling your fingerprinting appointment
- You will need to bring your valid driver’s license and completed LiveScan Fingerprint Request Form to the appointment. The charge for this is $65.25.
- Please use the EUPISD LiveScan form and Agency ID # 729P when making your appointment to be fingerprinted.
The completed and signed LiveScan form must be returned to Jill Coates at the EUPISD after your appointment.
The Fingerprint Disclosure/Release of Information form, Conviction Disclosure Form, and Voluntary Affirmation Action Form and following payroll forms must also be completed: